Fire Team Whiskey Member Jim Wolter loves pizza! He discovered this amazing low carb, keto friendly pizza that is just as satisfying as the carby staple of America.
The other day I was craving one of my favorite Tai dishes- beef with basil. I haven’t had it in a very long time. The reason why is that I have never been able to find a Tai restaurant that uses gluten free soy sauce. I recall ordering this amazingly satisfying dish countless times in New York City (this was me pre-gluten free). So I decided to take a stab at making a gluten free version at home (with fingers crossed because this was certainly an experiment). To my utter surprise, it was delicious!!! Actually, I think my beef with basil was better than any time I have ever had it before! So, Asian dish lovers rejoice, you can make keto and gluten free friendly Asian food at home! The recipe below serves 4. Takes about 20 minutes to cook. Easy one skillet meal!
P.s. Traditionally this dish is cooked with chili peppers. I prefer not to do this because of different taste levels of spiciness. You are more than welcome to cook the vegetables with chili peppers. We prefer to add a side of garlic sriracha so you can spice it up to your own taste.
1 pound flank steak, sliced in thin strips against the grain
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon gluten free soy sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 whole red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 whole green onion, sliced (green and white parts)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup basil leaves
3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish or oyster sauce (make sure it’s gluten free)
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons of raw honey or agave
SIDE DISH SUGGESTIONS
Instead of rice, we suggest getting a bag of cauliflower or broccoli rice to serve this dish with. An awesome protein packed side veggie is edamame. Both sides can be bought frozen and steamed in the microwave in minutes.
In a medium bowl add beef, water, cornstarch and soy sauce. Toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Remove the beef from the marinade and sear the beef until just browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the red pepper and green onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add the beef back to the pan along with the sauce. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Fold in the basil and cook until it’s just wilted.
Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds and a side of garlic sriracha if desired
Need a quick, low carb, on the go breakfast idea? Check out this super easy recipe for egg muffins! Add any ingredients to customize this quick, healthy and easy snack!
Just in time for Thanksgiving! We love this festive Spiced Collagen Fudge from MHS Speakers, and food bloggers, Matt & Megha of KetoConnect, we just had to share. It's super simple, and makes a perfect keto-friendly holiday treat!
1/2c almond butter
1/4c pumpkin puree
50 drops stevia (1/2 tsp liquid stevia)
1/4c coconut flour
Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl using a spatula.
Once fully incorporated transfer mixture to your mold/tray and spread out evenly.
Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to slicing and serving. Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge/freezer up to 1 month.
Copyright 2018 Fire Team Whiskey LLC
FTW Fat Bomb Shake
1 scoop Keto Joe SpecOps™ Shake
1 Keto Chocolate Chip FuelRation™ Bar
Add 8 oz of water to your blender
Add 1 scoop Keto Joe SpecOps™ Shake
Add cut or broken off pieces of a full Keto Chocolate Chip FuelRation™ Bar
Add ice if desired
Blend and Done!
Copyright 2018. Fire Team Whiskey, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
FTW Bagel Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 19 minutes
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
1.5 cups Almond Flour
1 tbsp. Baking powder
2.5 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
2 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs (beaten)
Seasoning of choice (everything but the bagel seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. Combine almond flour and baking powder and mix well.
3. Combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in separate microwavable bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes. (stir every 30 seconds)
4. Combine flour mixture, cheese mixture and eggs in a large bowl and mix well. Knead the dough until fully mixed. (used cooking spray to keep from sticking to hands.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Remove dough from refrigerator and divide into 6 parts.
7. Roll pieces into 6-inch logs and form a circle and lay on parchment paper.
8. Bake at 400* for 14 minutes.
9. Let cool for several minutes and enjoy!
Nutritional facts: (one serving)
Calories: 360, Fat: 28 grams, Total Carbs: 8 grams, Protein: 21 grams, Sugar: 1 gram
Fire Team Whiskey Cadre, SGT Cory Sanden shares his Appetizer Keto Tuna Melt Recipe.
FTW Tuna Melt Appetizer
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
12 fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
5 oz. can tuna
salt and pepper
parsley (garnish optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Clean and remove the gills and stems from the mushroom caps.
3. Drain the oil or juice from the tuna and pour into mixing bowl.
4. Add all ingredients except tomatoes to a mixing bowl and mix with a fork. .
5. Evenly distribute the tuna salad between both mushroom caps.
6. Add sliced tomato on top of tuna mixture.
7. Use mozzarella on top of each mushroom.
8. Place mushrooms on an elevated cooking rack.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Per serving: 70 calories, 5.75g total carbs, 3g fat, 7.5g protein (Note: Please remember these numbers are based on the brands I used and may vary slightly with other brands.)
FTW Cadre SGT Cory Sanden shows us his recipie for low carb dinner rolls.
FTW Keto Dinner Rolls
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
Servings: 24 rolls
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tbsp. butter
1 1/3 cup almond flour
3 cups mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. Melt cream cheese and mozzarella cheese together on low heat for a few minutes and stir often.
3. Add melted cheese to a bowl along with baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix and let stand for 10-20 minutes. Roll into 24 small balls and chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
4. Melt butter in over low heat in 10-12” cast iron skillet or oven based pan.
5. Place the rolls into the skillet or pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Use water when rolling out the dough into balls.
Chill the rolls for more than 10 minutes if they are still sticky.
Use marinara sauce for dipping or oregano and other spices for desired taste.
Macros: (per roll) 90 calories, 10 g of fat, 2 g of carbs, 6.5 g of protein.
CPT Lincoln shares her recipe for FTW Sausage and Peppers Meatballs.
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 cup almond flour
1 cup small die sized mozzarella balls
1/2 cup milk
4 cloves minced garlic
1 diced red pepper
1/2 diced onion
2 tbs parsley
1 tbs Oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 bottle of marinara sauce
1 zucchini for "zoodles"
Mix beef, sausage, spices, minced garlic, eggs, almond flour and milk in a large bowl. Create palm-sized meatballs with a ball of mozzarella in the center. Layer in a crock pot with onions, peppers and marinara sauce. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or to the temperature you prefer to eat your meat. You can use a carrot peeler or use a spiralizer to make noodles from the zucchini.