Need a quick, low carb, on the go breakfast idea? Check out this super easy recipe for egg muffins! Add any ingredients to customize this quick, healthy and easy snack!
FTW Keto Lava Cake
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients: (single serving)
2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. baking powder
A sprinkle of powdered sugar
Low sugar ice cream for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Mix cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Mix egg in a separate container.
4. Add vanilla, sweetener, salt, heavy cream to cocoa powder mix and then eggs.
5. Mix all ingredients well and then spray ramekins or baking dish with non-stick spray.
6. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes and the batter should wiggle on top.
7. Remove from oven and serve with powdered sugar and optional low-sugar ice cream.
Fat: 13 g - Protein: 8 g - Net Carbs: 4 g
Copyright 2018. Fire Team Whiskey, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
FTW Fried Cheese Appetizer
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes total
Total time: less than 10 minutes
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup pork rinds or low carb breadcrumbs
Mozzarella cheese of choice (cheese sticks or slices)
Marianna sauce or ranch for dipping
1. Preheat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat (below 350*).
2. Crush pork rinds in a bowl until it makes crumbs.
3. Place cheese in coconut flour, then egg wash then, roll in pork rinds. Make only a few at a time. Placing to many in hot oil will lower cooking temperature.
4. Place in hot coconut oil for 30 seconds then flip for another 30 seconds.
*tip – If wanted to make in advance you can freeze them at this point and fry later.
5. Remove from oil and place onto towel to drain excess oil.
6. Let cool for a minute and enjoy with dipping sauce such as marinara or ranch dressing.
Nutritional Information: (5 pieces)
390 calories, 28g of fat, 3g of carbs, 35g of protein
Fire Team Whiskey Cadre, SGT Cory Sanden shares his keto chili casserole recipe.
FTW Keto Chili Casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1lb. ground beef
1 medium diced onion
2-3 garlic cloves diced
1 cup of diced pepper of choice (green, red, poblano, etc.)
2 small cans of diced or crushed tomatoes or 8 oz. of juice
2 cups shredded cheese
Seasoning: cumin, coriander, chili powder, or favorite chili seasoning
Dollop of sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Brown beef and onion in skillet.
3. Add tomatoes, juice, garlic, seasoning, and peppers and simmer 2- 3 min.
4. Add chili mixture into oven safe dish and top with 2 cups of cheese.
5. Cook at 350* for 20 minutes.
6. Remove for oven and serve with sour cream and avocadoes.
Macros: (servings 4)
One serving equals: 533 calories, 40 g fat, 9 g carb, 32 g protein.
FTW Cadre SGT Cory Sanden shows us his recipie for low carb dinner rolls.
FTW Keto Dinner Rolls
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
Servings: 24 rolls
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tbsp. butter
1 1/3 cup almond flour
3 cups mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. Melt cream cheese and mozzarella cheese together on low heat for a few minutes and stir often.
3. Add melted cheese to a bowl along with baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix and let stand for 10-20 minutes. Roll into 24 small balls and chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
4. Melt butter in over low heat in 10-12” cast iron skillet or oven based pan.
5. Place the rolls into the skillet or pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Use water when rolling out the dough into balls.
Chill the rolls for more than 10 minutes if they are still sticky.
Use marinara sauce for dipping or oregano and other spices for desired taste.
Macros: (per roll) 90 calories, 10 g of fat, 2 g of carbs, 6.5 g of protein.
CPT Lincoln shares her recipe for FTW Sausage and Peppers Meatballs.
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 cup almond flour
1 cup small die sized mozzarella balls
1/2 cup milk
4 cloves minced garlic
1 diced red pepper
1/2 diced onion
2 tbs parsley
1 tbs Oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 bottle of marinara sauce
1 zucchini for "zoodles"
Mix beef, sausage, spices, minced garlic, eggs, almond flour and milk in a large bowl. Create palm-sized meatballs with a ball of mozzarella in the center. Layer in a crock pot with onions, peppers and marinara sauce. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or to the temperature you prefer to eat your meat. You can use a carrot peeler or use a spiralizer to make noodles from the zucchini.