FTW Fried Cheese Appetizer
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes total
Total time: less than 10 minutes
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup pork rinds or low carb breadcrumbs
Mozzarella cheese of choice (cheese sticks or slices)
Marianna sauce or ranch for dipping
1. Preheat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat (below 350*).
2. Crush pork rinds in a bowl until it makes crumbs.
3. Place cheese in coconut flour, then egg wash then, roll in pork rinds. Make only a few at a time. Placing to many in hot oil will lower cooking temperature.
4. Place in hot coconut oil for 30 seconds then flip for another 30 seconds.
*tip – If wanted to make in advance you can freeze them at this point and fry later.
5. Remove from oil and place onto towel to drain excess oil.
6. Let cool for a minute and enjoy with dipping sauce such as marinara or ranch dressing.
Nutritional Information: (5 pieces)
390 calories, 28g of fat, 3g of carbs, 35g of protein