FTW 5 min Core WOD
Purpose: To strengthen and obtain core stability in your core.
Benefits: Improve posture, flexibility, prevent future injuries, and overall core function.
Equipment needed: Light dumbbell (3-10lbs) ab ball, medicine ball or resistance bands.
Routine: 10 exercises executed for 30 seconds each in a row with little to no break based on fitness level.
1. Flutter kicks: Place weight above chin for beginner, extend above chest for advanced and extended overhead and shoulders for expert fitness level. Perform flutter kicks for 30 seconds. Keep legs straight and raise legs in alternating pattern 6 inches above the floor to approximately 12-24 inches above floor.
2. Russian Twist: Sit in your butt and raise legs slightly off the ground with knees bent. Place weight in front with both hands and rotate from side to side for 30 seconds.
Reebok Slam Ball - 10lb - 10697 - Tennis Balls Tennis Balls All Balls
from: Mansion Grove House
3. Laying leg raises: Back the floor and place weight in same position as Flutter kicks for fitness level. Raise both legs up and down together without touching the floor.
4. Sit-up: Butt on the floor with knees slightly bent. Place weight extended above head and shoulders to perform a standard military sit-up. Modified version place weight under chin. Perform for 30 seconds.
5. Jumping jacks: Perform as fast as you can and slow down if need to recover, but try not to stop.
6. High knee run: Bring knees up to chest and can use hands as the target. Perform for 30 seconds.
7. Plank side to side: Plank position with toes and elbows touching floor. Rotate your hips from side to side. Keep upper body still as possible. Perform for 30 seconds.
8. Side hip raise: Start with one elbow on floor and on side of one foot. (knees for modified) Hand on hips or advanced with weight raised above shoulder. Drop hips to side and then flex upwards to the sky. Perform for 15 seconds then switch to other side. Perform for a total of 30 seconds.
9. Mountain climbers: Hands on floor and toes on the ground. Drive knees to your chest as fast as you can. Modified can perform one leg at a time. Perform for 30 seconds.
10. Bicycles: lay on your back. Hands behind your head and knees bent. Rotate opposite elbow and knee together and alternate as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Advanced can use weight in hands.