Fire Team Whiskey Cadre, SGT Cory Sanden shares his Appetizer Keto Tuna Melt Recipe.
FTW Tuna Melt Appetizer
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
12 fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
5 oz. can tuna
salt and pepper
parsley (garnish optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Clean and remove the gills and stems from the mushroom caps.
3. Drain the oil or juice from the tuna and pour into mixing bowl.
4. Add all ingredients except tomatoes to a mixing bowl and mix with a fork. .
5. Evenly distribute the tuna salad between both mushroom caps.
6. Add sliced tomato on top of tuna mixture.
7. Use mozzarella on top of each mushroom.
8. Place mushrooms on an elevated cooking rack.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Per serving: 70 calories, 5.75g total carbs, 3g fat, 7.5g protein (Note: Please remember these numbers are based on the brands I used and may vary slightly with other brands.)