Thank you to Fire Team Member Kristen Gryzik for this recipe!
Keto Hot Pockets
1 3/4 cups pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
3/4 cup almond meal/flour
2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
1 egg medium
1 tbsp of butter
Garlic powder and Italian seasoning
Parm cheese (optional)
*whatever you want for inside
1. Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
2. Add the egg, salt and mix gently.
3. Roll the keto cheese dough between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper. Do not roll as thin as a thin pizza crust. It needs to be a little thicker so it is sturdy and will hold the pizza filings.
4. Remove the top baking paper/parchment. Cut the dough into 8 squares
5. Take 4 squares, put insides on top, take other 4 squares, put them on top and squeeze the sides together.
6. Bake for 15 min on 425 degrees.
7. When done baking, melt butter add Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush on top, add Parm cheese if you want as well.
Noodleless Lasagna used for stuffing the keto hot pocket shown in the picture
1 lb Ground Beef
1/2 lb Italian Sausage
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder, divided
1 tsp Oregano, divided
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella, divided
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a 12-inch cast iron skillet (or other oven safe equivalent), brown the ground beef and ground sausage together over medium heat on the stovetop until no pink remains (about 15 minutes). Drain the excess fat and return to heat.
Add the onion to the pan and saute with meat until it begins to soften, 3-5 minutes. Pour the sauce, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp garlic powder into the pan with the meat sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste and add the remaining oregano and garlic powder to the cheese mixture and fold until completely combined.
Turn off the heat and spread the meat around the pan until it's an even layer. Place spoonfuls of the cheese mixture around the pan, pushing them down a bit with your spoon to the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and the top begins to turn golden. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.