FTW 5 min Push-up WOD
Yeti Yoga Dre Yoga Mat
from: Evolve Fit Wear
Benefits: This WOD will be focusing on slow eccentric movements while performing 10 different pushup movements. This will help increase stability and muscle recruitment.
Equipment: None, mat suggested for those who need to modify from their knees.
WOD: 100 reps
1. Normal Push-up: Hands shoulder width apart and perform 10 repetitions with the eccentric (negative) movement taking 4-5 seconds and then press up. That’s one repetition. Perform 10.
2. Narrow: Hands are much closer together to focus on triceps. Perform 10 reps.
3. Wide: Hands are much wider than normal position. This focuses on the chest muscles. Perform 10 reps.
4. Stagger: Place one hand above the other and normal width. Perform 10 reps.
5. Stagger opposite: Switch hand position and perform 10 reps.
6. One hand normal and wide: Place right hand in the normal position and left hand in wide position. Perform 10 reps.
7. One hand normal and wide: Switch hand placement and perform 10 reps.
8. Right leg up: Normal push-up position and raise right leg off ground. Perform 10 reps.
9. Left leg up: Normal push-up position and raise left leg off ground. Perform 10 reps.
10. Normal or Decline: Advanced can place legs on an ab ball, bench or box. Perform 10 reps.
*Note: Modified can be done on knees. Limit breaks in between movements and don’t sacrifice form for speed.
Copyright 2018. Fire Team Whiskey, LLC, All Rights Reserved.